- So, what is sIFR?
- Technically, sIFR (Scalable Inman Flash Replacement) is a technology that allows you to replace text elements on screen with Flash equivalents.
With sIFR technique you can style your headings, pullquotes, paragraphs or text blocks with any font - without the users having it
installed on their PC.
- sIFR is accessible, compatible and beautiful. Styling a web-site with CSS and sIFR, you can make sure that the
is not available, the browser will fall back to traditional CSS based styling.
- Where can I see it?
- Meanwhile a lot of sites have been using sIFR for styling text
elements on their web-pages. However, an official example of sIFR technology
demonstrates perfectly, how it can change the styling of a page.
- Where can I find the detailed information about sIFR and its use?
- The detailed information about sIFR technology and its use can be found on
the following sites.
- Introducing sIFR: The Healthy Alternative to Browser Text »
- There is no need to explain what is sIFR if one of the creators
of the technology provides an excellent overview of
the healthy alternative to browser text, its development and its use.
- sIFR – Revolution der Webtypografie? »
- Gerrit van Aaken
introduces the sIFR technology for German-speaking developers. The article
provides the information about sIFR validity, accessibility, its advantages and disadvantages, and
speculates whether sIFR is going to make a revolution in